Why do you need professional liability insurance?

February 03, 2017

Professional liability insurance, also called errors and omissions insurance (E & O insurance) or indemnity insurance, protects your business if you are sued for negligently performing your services, even if you haven’t made a mistake.

You should seriously consider professional liability insurance coverage if your business:

  • provides a professional service.
  • regularly gives advice to clients.
  • is requested by a client to have professional liability insurance to complete a contract.

Get Liability Insurance that best meets your needs.

Professional liability insurance will not protect you from everything. For example, it will not provide indemnity from another person’s claims of bodily injury. Some people buy other business insurance along with professional liability including:

  • General Liability Insurance, also known as commercial general liability insurance (CGL), is coverage for your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs and damage to property.
  • Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) is enhanced insurance that combines general liability insurance and property insurance.

The Jordal Agency
1538 Route 9 North
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210

P: 609-465-7700
F: 609-465-3006
E: ejordal@jordalagency.com