Insurance for home based business professionals

February 03, 2017

Millions of self-employed professionals operate their businesses from home and rely on their homeowner’s insurance policies to provide protection for their home based businesses. While your house is protected, your important business files, equipment and operations may not be. To properly secure your home business, you should seriously consider home based business insurance.

In fact, using your home for activities your insurer isn't aware of (like operating a home based business) may invalidate your homeowner’s policy, leaving both your home and business at risk.

What type of home based business insurance do you need?

We offer professional liability insurance and general liability insurance. Because you work from home, we’ll customize your coverage and offer reduced rates in some areas to reflect the lower level of risk you face.

General liability insurance for home based businesses

This coverage is important for several reasons. First, your home based business protects you from claims due to injury of a third-party. For example, if you visit a client’s office, and someone trips over your bag, they can sue you.

A general liability policy protects you against claims of personal injury (libel and slander claims). We also protect you against damage to other people’s property or premises rented to you (that aren’t your home) such as a temporary office space or training/conference facilities.

Since you’re home based, less people will be visiting your place of work, which means you have a lower risk of accidents occurring. We reward this by lowering our general liability premiums. We think that’s only fair.

Visit our general liability insurance page for more information.

The Jordal Agency
1538 Route 9 North
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210

P: 609-465-7700
F: 609-465-3006