Many small business owners mistakenly believe that if they have general liability insurance, their own losses are covered as well as the losses of their customers. But a general liability policy does not protect you when it comes to your OWN property. If you want to protect your own property consider buying Business Owners Policy (BOP).
You should consider a business owners policy if you:
- Need general liability insurance coverage.
- Have business equipment such as computers, printers and furniture.
- Own the building at which you work and need to insure the property.
- Own and work with large amounts of data on a regular basis.
- Have employees who could act dishonestly or steal clients' property.
What Business Owners Policy (BOP) does NOT Cover
Business Owners Insurance does not protect you from Professional Services. For example
- Certain claims, including those arising from professional services you perform.
- Client damages if you provide inaccurate or incomplete advice to a client.
The Jordal Agency
1538 Route 9 North
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210